What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid (also called Hyaluronan, or HA) is a component of connective tissue whose function is to cushion and lubricate. Hyaluronan occurs throughout the body in abundant amounts in many of the places people with hereditary connective tissue disorders have problems such as joints, heart valves and eyes. Hyaluronic acid abnormalities are a common thread in connective tissue disorders. Interestingly, they are also common biochemical anomalies in most of the individual features of connective tissue disorders such as mitral valve prolapse, TMJ, osteoarthritis, and keratoconus.
The Importance of Hyaluronic Acid (Hyaluronan, HA)
Hyaluronic Acid is present in every tissue of the body. Retention of water is one of the most important biological functions of hyaluronic acid, second only to providing nutrients and removing waste from cells that do not have a direct blood supply, such as cartilage cells. With a lower than adequate amount of hyaluronic acid, nutrients cannot be moved into these cells and waste cannot be eliminated from cells. Hyaluronic acid is sometimes abbreviated as HA. Hyaluronic acid is found in the synovial joint fluid, the vitreous humor of the eye, the cartilage, blood vessels, extracellular matrix, skin and the umbilical cord.
Hyaluronic Acid ; “The Key To The Fountain of Youth”
Hyaluronic acid has been nicknamed by the press as the “key to the fountain of youth” because it has been noted that at least some people who ingest a lot of Hyaluronan in their diets tend to live to ripe old ages. ABC News had a show on a village in Japan and hyaluronic acid entitled, “The Village of Long Life: Could Hyaluronic Acid Be an Anti-Aging Remedy?”
Hyaluronic acid for use by humans has been derived from rooster combs. Rooster combs provide the purest form of hyaluronic acid (Hyalurinan, HA) available.
There are 5 simple things you can do, to stay healthy.
1. Avoid smoking and smokers
2. Eat right and keep your BMI (Body Mass Index) at 18,5 – 24,8
3. Try to avoid drinking alcohol
4. Exercise daily
5. Sleep right
1. Avoid smoking and smokers
Dangers of smoking.
If you smoke, you should quit, smoking harms you and everyone around you.
Did you know?
– Cigarette smokers have a high risk of heart attack.
– Cigarette smokes have an extremely high risk of lung cancer.
– Each year over 300,000 Americans die from lung cancer, caused by smoking.
– 75% of deaths caused by Emphysema and Bronchitis are directly linked to smoking.
If you want to stay healthy, you’ll have to quit smoking and avoid smokers, because “Passive Smoking” can be as harmful, as “Active Smoking”.
2. Eat right and Keep your BMI (Body Mass Index) at 18,5 – 24,8
How to Eat Right?
As I’ve mentioned in my previous article: “Diet: How to really make your Diet work for you?” , your body needs a proper Balanced Nutrition Diet, with a proper daily amount of: vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbohydrates.
What can a proper Balanced Nutrition do for you?
– Offer effective Weight-Management solution
– Reduce fat and increase your body tone
– Prevent and decrease signs of aging
– Strengthen cardiovascular and immune systems
– Regulate levels of sugar and insulin
– Help regulate cholesterol level
– Improve your memory and clarity of mind
What is the BMI and how the knowledge of it, can help you to improve your health?
Knowing your BMI, you can tell whether your weight complies with the standard or you have extra weight (or your weight is insufficient).
The BMI is directly related to the health risk; as the BMI increases, the risk also rises.
That is why it is so important to know your Body Mass Index and keep it safe (18,5 – 24,8)
Body Mass Index Formulas:
BMI formula (Metric): BMI = ( Weight in Kilograms / ( Height in Meters ) x ( Height in Meters ))
BMI formula (English): BMI = ( Weight in Pounds / ( Height in inches ) x ( Height in inches )) x 703
3. Try to avoid drinking Alcohol.
So, why is it so important to avoid Alcohol, in order to improve your health?
Alcohol has many side effects:
– heart and central nervous system damage
So, if you are serious about living a healthy lifestyle – avoid alcohol at all costs.
4. Exercise Daily.
Exercising is very important for human health and has proven to be a good cure for many well-known deceases.
How much exercising is enough?
In order to be healthy, you need at least 10 -15 minutes a day of exercising.
Also, you could combine your average daily activities with exercising, to save time.
These, are just few examples of what you can do:
– Walking at least 5000 steps a day
– Walking up stairs instead of using elevators.
– Do some running instead of walking.
5. Sleep Right.
A good night sleep is very important, without it, all of the things I have mentioned above, would not work.